Wednesday, October 22

RANDOM BLOGGING


Haven't been blogging for weeks... Well have been busy at work these days... Many people have asked me what is my job about. Hmmm well, my designation is Media Planner. In professional terms, a Media Planner is someone who assist their client in achieving business objectives through their advertising budgets by recommending the best possible use of various media platforms available to advertisers. Daily roles include analyzing target audiences, keeping abreast of media developments in Singapore & worldwide, reading market trends (there are lotsa of research tools that I need to use everyday for work?!) and understanding the motivation of consumers (which also cover knowing your competitors in the same industry). Media Planner can also be known as communications planner, brand planner or a strategist. In lame man term, a Media Planner is someone who invest their client's money to achieve advertising goals.


As many knows, I studied and graduated with a Diploma in Biomedical Sciences. So my direct career path would be a pharmacist or a lab assistant. Seriously, I have considered taking these 2 direct career path but I know it will not be a career I like and have passion in. So putting down all my concerns, I daringly took my first advertising job as a Media Executive after being a admin assistant for 1.5yrs. The days at my 1st advertising job were really not easy. There were good & bad experiences. There were times you'd cry over your job too. But I realized I found satisfaction whenever I see my client happy with my recommendation and comes back again. Perhaps this is something called passion.


After my 1.5yrs at my 1st advertising job, I got a really good offer for my second/current job. I loved my company, colleagues & job.


To those out there who do not know what you want for your long-term career, I will advice you to be courageous to try anything to come into your mind. You will never know which one will be your destined job.


An encouraging quote: Dream Big, but be willing to start small.


P.S. Took this pic from Joan's blog. I dunno how she managed to design the pic so nice!! So I 'kapo' from her! hee ;-)

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Cool by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP