Friday, August 29

CHIROPRACTIC


Chiropratic. This was my first time seeing this word yesterday. Chiropractic is a health care profession that focuses on diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system and their hypothesized effects on the nervous system and general health, with special emphasis on the spine.

I have been having this stiff shoulder thingy on me for the past 10years and recently it got really bad! Out of desperation, I decided to pick up all the courage that I can to visit this Chiropratic First Clinic http://www.chiropractic-first.org/. What they do is basically using non-invasive method whereby no surgery and drugs are involved to correct the problem that I am facing.

On my first visit there, I was expecting a clinic full of medicine smell and grey haired doctors. To my surprise, I was welcomed by the oldies music played out from the clinic and I was immediately relaxed. I was asked to fill up a personal medical history form consisting of 4 pages which will really allow the doctor to understand my condition clearly. The nurse helped me measure my weight & height and took photo of the 4-sides of me (well, this was to help determine my bone shape contouring my body). I was then asked to see one of the doctor there who patiently explained to me how our spine will affect and causes some of the needless condition. He also showed me the spine dummy and explained to me, also to make sure I understand how chiropractic works for me. Treatment can only commerced after the xray of my spine is out next week. It was understand that chiropractic unlike other medical treatment for stiff neck, stiff shoulder, sports injuiry, etc is that is will find out the root problem of your condition and accordingly using bare hands to adjsut your spine back to its original position. If your spine is in wrong position, the nerves might be compressed which causes u to have migraine headache, stiff shoulders, sinus problem, etc. And as the if less untreated over a prolonged period, one side of your spine bone will loses its agility and rub against one another in your everyday movements which causes one side of the spine bone to wear off. That is why some people have got hunchback. Good thing is this can be corrected.

Chiropractic care in general is safe when employed skillfully and appropriately. It is also cost effective. I spent about S$100 for 2 consultations, and thereafter, per treatment will cost me S$75. Chiropractic treatments is not a long term process. Depending on your situation, 4-5 treatments within 2 months will be enough to cure u completely from inside out. I witness one Japanese man with his treatment and it seems to me that it was not pain as the man was still chatting with the doctor.

Well, let me try this out and will update my blog again. Ciaoz.

2 comments:

Anonymous Feb 7, 2009, 5:10:00 PM  

How did the chiropractic story end and did you manage to resolve your shoulder stiffness?

I see from your blog that you get to travel a fair bit, nice.

Jia - 佳 Feb 9, 2009, 10:26:00 PM  

Hi, you are? Well I went to the chiropractor abt 3 times and it costs me almost $500 including the spine xray. Hence, I never go back le. So I have to be extremely cautioned about my shoulder stiffness condition like sitting posture. My bf also got me a Tempur pillow which really help me with my resting.

Yea, I love to travel and see how big the world is to realise how little I have seen. It broaden my view.

  © Blogger template Cool by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP