Tuesday, September 2

PENCIL SKIRT
Yesterday I went shopping @ Far East Plaza with my sister. Meeting up was especially hard when my phone ran out of batt. I even went up to the security guard to borrow phone and was being directed to a coin phone. Thank god for 10cents coin! She finally treated me to dinner! It was a really tender chicken rice. I wanted to buy some office wear since well now I am working at Tanjong Pagar. A place whereby you have to even queue to take the escalator at the MRT station.

I decided to try out some pencil skirts. Here's how it looks like:


A pencil skirt is a woman’s skirt with a straight and narrow cut. It often hugs the curves of a woman’s body, making it figure revealing. Typically, the skirt ends just at or slightly below the knee. The pencil skirt became a popular style in the 1950s, especially for women’s office wear. Earlier versions of the pencil skirt have existed since 1915, and could have been floor or ankle length, but the 1950s brought the style great popularity.

Prior to the 1950s, a pencil skirt type might have been called a hobble skirt. Any type of skirt that rendered walking difficult and running impossible was said to hobble a woman. Today, many women are well used to the pencil skirt, and know how to walk in one. They’re often warmer than other skirts since the pencil shape holds the legs closely together. This makes them a good choice for winter wear.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template Cool by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP